Wednesday 26 August 2015

Sweet n' Sour Fanta Chicken - 4pp

This recipe is completely stolen from Slimming World. I didn't even really make any changes to it as I was too scared of it going wrong! I didn't have high hopes for this as the Diet Coke chicken does nothing for me but I'd read such good things I thought I'd give it a go.

Teamed with cauliflower rice this is a low propoint meal that honestly tastes like Sweet n' Sour sauce from a jar! 






Serves 2

Ingredients
2 chicken breasts cut into chunks (180g is 4pp)
330ml Fanta Zero
1/2 medium onion chopped
Chopped pepper in any colour (I used red, green and yellow)
Fresh Pineapple chunks
Chicken stock cube
4 tbsp Passata
1 tsp vinegar

1tsp sweetener
Chilli flakes (to taste)
1/2 tsp Chinese 5 spice
Fry Light Spray

Instructions
1. Add chicken to a hot pan sprayed with Fry Light.
2. Fry the chicken until sealed and then add diced onion and cook for a further 3 minutes.
3. Add the Fanta, stock cube, passata, chopped peppers, pineapple, sweetener, vinegar, chilli flakes and 5 spice.
4. Leave to slimmer until the sauce has reduced to a thicker consistency (around 20 minutes on high)
5. Then add to rice, noodles, cauliflower rice, courgetti or whatever you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment