Monday 24 August 2015

Chocolate Porridge - 4pp

I had completely forgotten about chocolate porridge! I ate this every morning for breakfast during Winter. It's tasty and chocolately and I find the best way to describe it as "dessert for breakfast".




Ingredients
35g porridge oats (I just use Tesco's own)
11g/ sachet Options or Highlights hot chocolate
200-250ml water (I don't like mine too thick and gloopy)
1tsp sweetener (Sweetness n Light by Silver Spoon is my fave)
Strawberries
Banana

Method
In a bowl, pour cold water over your porridge oats (I found if I used hot water it cooked faster but the oats were still a bit hard) and heat in a microwave for around 2 minutes. When it has thickened slightly, stir in your hot chocolate and heat again for around 1 minute (please keep an eye on it. I have had more exploing porridge incidents than I care to mention). Top with chopped banana and strawberries, sprinkle with sugar and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment