Monday 17 August 2015

Cauliflower Rice - 0pp

Cauliflower rice is a life saver when you're low on ProPoints! I'll admit, it does smell like fart when it comes out of the microwave, but I swear it doesn't really taste of anything, especially when served with curries or chilli which have a strong taste to them. 

One of the easiest things ever to make. There isn't an exact science to this, nor does there need to be, so this is just what I do. It's really hard to go wrong.


I usually get a small bowl (you know like the ones you have your cereal in), grate my cauliflower on the big side (I'm not fancy enough for a food processor) until I look like I have a decent portion (about 3/4 full. It's veg. I'm not scrimping.) Then cover the bowl with cling film and heat on full in the microwave for 3 1/2 minutes. Carefully remove the clingfilm as the steam hurts. Then that's it, ready to serve!


I know some people add salt and pepper to theirs, others add spices, some fry it (chicken fried cauliflower rice.. mmm must try). This is just what I have found to be the easiest method with great results each time. 







No comments:

Post a Comment