Thursday 3 September 2015

Breville Halo Review

I get loads of people on Instagram asking me how I cook my potatoes because they look so goddamn tasty and my (not so secret) secret is.... the Breville Halo! 




As happens every December, I get sick of being over weight and swear I will do something about it in the New Year. So for Christmas I asked for some things to help me on my skinny way, one of which was this new fandangled contraption that could cook chips with 1tsp of oil and with no par boiling! Exciting stuff.  

I did have a little panic that I wouldn't end up using the thing (my Blend-Active sees the light of day once every 3 months or so) but I needn't have worried. I use it every. Single. Day.

Because I am tight with my ProPoints I never use oil. I just spray the bowl with fry light, add the potatoes, another few sprays of fry light, some salt and 30 minutes later you have really scrummy chips!

As well as the paddle which turns the chips in the bowl, you can remove it and use the wire rack (provided) meaning the Halo acts as a grill :o It takes some practice as to timings as things cook a lot faster in the Halo than under a grill or in the oven.

The bowl wipes clean with just kitchen roll though can be easily lifted out to wash should you cook anything messier than chips!

Some of the things I have cooked in my Halo:
Chips/ sweet potato chips
Roast potatoes & new potatoes
Wedges
Bacon
Sausage
Fish fingers
Chicken
Salmon
Rosted Mediterranean veg
Hash browns
Mushrooms
Butternut squash
Burgers

I have also heard of people using it for chillis, stews, pastry, toasties, cakes, bread, jacket potatoes, frozen chips, croissants... So I have a lot more experimenting to do!

And here are pictures of some tasty things cooked in my Halo:

 Dusted fish and butternut squash

Roasted new potatoes

Roast potatoes

Chips

No comments:

Post a Comment